Home Church How-To:
If possible, we encourage you to please gather with those in your home community to read, pray, and sing aloud to one another, following the exhortation of Colossians 3:16, "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."
- Before 10:15am, please prepare the elements for communion to eat and drink.
- At 10:15am, begin by reading the Call To Worship, followed by a prayer of thanksgiving.
- Sing the songs and read the readings below. Feel free to take turns reading if you're gathered with multiple people.
- Although we are not all under one roof, your financial support towards gospel-work is critical. Please consider giving online. You may do so by clicking HERE.
- Listen to sermon, followed by a song of praise.
- Feel free to discuss and pray together.
- If you have not done so, please sign up for Branch Groups (virtual Branch Groups for now) by clicking HERE.
- For Twigs curriculum (children), you can click HERE for a step-by-step lesson plan along with the materials to download.
Call to Worship
People of God, worship the living God today! Remember that out of nothing God created the heavens and earth. Remember that God raised Jesus from the powerlessness of death to the power of his right hand. Remember that not even the gates of hell can stand against God’s purposes. Behold your God, who reigns now and forever!
Q - Since we are redeemed by grace alone, through faith alone, where does this faith come from?
A - All the gifts we receive from Christ we receive through the Holy Spirit, including faith itself.
But when the goodness and loving kindness of God our Savior appeared, he saved us, not because of works done by us in righteousness, but according to his own mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewal of the Holy Spirit, whom he poured out on us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior.
Often, O holy and righteous God, we dare your justice, mock your mercy, jeer your patience, slight your power, and show contempt for your love. We even say “I’m sorry” insincerely and confess our sin flippantly. We plead your help to own up carefully to how we have wronged you, to admit honestly how we have grieved you, to plead penitently for your mercy and pardon. We beg your forgiveness through Jesus Christ, our Savior and Lord. Amen. based on a prayer by John Bunyan (1628-88)
God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! Romans 5:8-9
During this time we worship with our tithes and offerings to the Lord. We give regularly. We give sacrificially. We give cheerfully. We give and it reminds us that The Lord has given us all that we have. He gives us our very breath today. We look forward and trust that The Lord will do good things for His people and through His people to His Glory. We give and it supports our local mission and the missions we support through our church networks. Click Here to give now.